Gigondas & Chateauneuf du Pape
In September 2012, Keith & Alana of the Wine School of Philadelphia took a group of students and sommeliers on a tour of the Southern Rhone. This trip included Taylor Handwerk (Hotelier in Jim Thorpe), Michelle Boury (General Manager of Vino Volo Philadelphia) , Kristen Matweecha (Sommelier at Libations ), Sharon Beck (Student at the Wine School), Phil Griffin (amateur winemaker), and Alana Zerbe (Sommelier and Partner at the Wine School), and Keith Wallace (National Sommelier for Bacchus Selections and founder of the school.
Special thanks to everyone who helped make this trip the most amazing one possible.
- Olivier Zorel of Dauvergne – Ranvier
- Marie-Odile Brunel of Chateau de la Gardine
- Anthony Taylor of Gabriel Meffere
- Everyone at Maison du Gigondas
- Pierre-Adrien Fleurant of M. Chapoutier
- Jean-Benoit Kelagopian of Cave de Tain
- Jean-Charles Croset of Domaine Cassan
- Louis Barruol of Saint Cosme
- Jean Lancon Domaine de la Solitude
- Paul Feraud of Domaine du Pegau
Here are some of the photos.